Read time 2 minutes
Sound healing is based on the principle that everything in the universe, including the human body, vibrates at a certain frequency.
When the body is out of balance, it can be brought back into harmony by using sound frequencies. These frequencies should resonate with the body’s natural vibrations.
One of the most common tools used in sound healing is the singing bowl.
Singing bowls are made of various metals or crystals. They are played by striking or rubbing the rim of the bowl with a mallet. The sound produced by the bowl is a rich, deep, and soothing tone. It can help calm the mind, reduce stress, and promote relaxation.
Most of us can feel the stress in areas of our bodies. Sound healing works to clear that stagnant energy out of our nervous system. Sound bowls, chimes, and shamanic drumming can be useful tools.
Besides promoting relaxation and reducing stress, sound healing has been shown to have other health benefits:
- Studies have found that it can help to improve sleep quality.
- It also reduces chronic pain and lower blood pressure.
- It has proven its credentials in reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression. Therefore, it is considered a tool for mental health and well-being.
How to prepare for this therapy?
Through sound healing, you will begin to understand how it feels to go into a deep meditation. It just relaxes the entire body.
Some people find it challenging and take a while to overcome mind chattering. However, by remaining in the present and focusing on breathing, one can enjoy the experience.
- You are required to arrive in loose and comfortable clothing.
- And above all, ready to relax.
It is recommended:
- Avoid nerve stimulants like caffeine before the session.
- Staying away from mobile phones can generate better results.
- On the drive out, just be in silence so that your mind can begin to calm for your session.
How to get comfortable?
- Use pillows and blankets.
- Posture is important therefore either sit or lie down on your yoga mat.
- Position yourself properly. You must be in a comfortable position so that you can relax quickly into the healing process.
- Accept your surroundings.
- Take in the sounds as they are. Allow the music to fill you with tranquility.
- During a session, your mind might start to drift toward the past or future. Remind yourself to return to the present.
Don’t feel frustrated if your mind continues to wander. Follow the sounds…they will take you on a journey.
About the Author:
My name is Kim Mallory. I’m a Certified Holistic Wellness Practitioner. Before 2020, I had been running through life never stopping to rest or listen to my body and I got critically ill.
It took a two-year health crisis and a subsequent bone marrow transplant. This therapy played an important role in my life. I very well understand the effects of stress on our bodies. Therefore, I am able to express and explain the importance of the mind, body, spirit connection.
The views expressed above in this article are the author’s own and do not represent any kind of medical advice.